Note: This is the first of three verses that I was reading the other day and opened my eyes to God’s grace raining on my thirsty soul.
Every spiritual blessing?! It sounds too good to be true. How can we have every spiritual blessings. There must be a humongous number of them, including ones that I’ve never heard of or don’t even know what they are. And yet the verse says that we have been blessed. It has already been done. We live in the present with every spiritual blessing.
My tendency is to say, “Whoa, now wait a minute. Maybe this is true for some saints. Maybe there are some of those super saints out there that have a special relationship with God and He gives them every spiritual blessing.”
I would have believed that lie a year ago, but not anymore. I’ve learned that I’ve got to trust that what God says and thinks about me is true, rather than what I say or think, even when the opposite feels to be true.
Wow. Every spiritual blessing. What a promise. I’m having a hard time thinking of what they could be.
- Our redemption from the pit of hell. We now live in light, rather than darkness.
- We can come boldly before the throne of grace.
- We don’t get what we deserve.
- Jesus interceeds for us before the Father
- The Holy Spirit lives in us and write God’s decrees in our hearts.
- God has dreams and plans for our lives, a purpose for us beyond ourselves.
- Our sins are forgiven, covered by the blood of Jesus.
And the list goes on and on.
Abba Father, thank you for blessing me so richly. I had no idea that you have given me so much wealth in You. Your ways are beyond my comprehension. You are awesome and mighty, and yet you have called me to Yourself. You have chosen me to be your son. Thank you, Father.